My Three Cheese Pesto Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich will leave you loving the way the smooth melty cheese mingles with the sharp herby pesto, all rounded out by rich creamy avocado, and topped off by some wonderfully nutty seed wheat bread.
Oh my, this is just a cheese lover’s paradise!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
I’m a cheese lover!
I’m a total cheese lover (could you tell)! And, I’m a Real Cheese Person. This recipe for Three Cheese Pesto Avocado Grilled Cheese calls for 100% real, natural cheese.
None of that Pasteurized Process Cheese Food here! Did you know that Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (sometimes known as American singles) is only required to contain 51% real cheese?
The best thing since sliced cheese
I wanted to introduce you to Sargento® Sliced Cheese. Sargento® Slices are always 100% real, natural cheese.
We use Sargento® Sliced Cheese all the time around my kitchen. Whether it’s for burgers, tacos, sandwiches, or simply eating straight from the package, your family will love it!
And, you’ll love that it’s 100% real, natural cheese.
I’ve found there are some great tasting pestos at the store now. I tend to like ones with less oil in them, so try a few out and see how you like them.
Cook it low and slow
The really big trick to a great Grilled Cheese is that you have patience and cook it low and slow, so that all the heat gets into the cheese to get it all nice and melty.
If you heat it on high, you risk burning the bread before the cheese melts.
Now that you know the tricks, have fun and enjoy your Three Cheese Pesto Avocado Grilled Cheese.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Three Cheese Pesto Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Three Cheese Pesto Avocado Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices seed wheat bread
- Salted butter softened
- Prepared pesto
- 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- ½ avocado sliced into thin slices
- 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of the bread slices. This buttered side will be the outside of your sandwich. Spread a thicker layer of pesto on the inside of one of the bread slices making sure to get pesto all over the bread slice. Top the pesto with Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack. Place the avocado slices on top. Top with Sargento® Swiss Cheese and Sargento® Provolone Cheese. Place the other bread slice, buttered side out, on top. Press together gently.
- Heat frying pan over low heat, and add the sandwich, cook until bread is golden brown. Flip the sandwich over, and continue to cook the second side until it’s golden brown, and the cheese is nice and melty.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.