Baked Meatballs in Balsamic Tomato Sauce.. a full flavored rich tomato sauce, topped with melty gooey fresh mozzarella, it’s Italian food, kicked up a notch or two!
I keep these Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes with Onions in the freezer, and then pop them out, defrost it in the microwave, and use it to make a quick meal. I use these as my secret flavor ingredient all the time. It adds a great flavor punch to dishes. Here are some of my other recipes with these tomatoes:
- Orzo with Balsamic Tomatoes and Basil is great for an easy lunch.
- Gnocchi with Balsamic Tomatoes and Caramelized Onions is super easy to put together, and really yummy. This one I make regularly around here.
- Brie and Balsamic Roasted Tomato Crostini is a fun and fancy appetizer, and you don’t have to tell your guests how easy it is to make it! This would also be fabulous for Tapas night!
- One of Dan’s favorite dishes, Braised Beef with Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes. This one is sure to please all the meat eaters in your house.
Use your favorite spaghetti sauce for this Baked Meatballs in Balsamic Tomato Sauce, homemade is great, or just use a jar for convenience, after all, we all need a little healthy tasty convenience food now and then!
You might not be familiar with the Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil everything spread that I have in the ingredients for these Baked Meatballs in Balsamic Tomato Sauce.
I bought this “spread” on a whim, and I really like it. It’s fill flavored and yummy. I’ve used it several times in different ways. I bet it would be delicious as an appetizer on a slice of toasted bread with some melted cheese on top. It’s my intention to try and make some from scratch, but for now I wanted you to be able to make this delicious recipe with the store-bought ingredient.
If you can’t find this Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil everything spread in your store, Amazon carries it (affiliate link above), or you could sub in regular tomato paste.
Use your favorite meatballs as well. I like frozen meatless meatballs. It’s hit and miss to find them at my grocery store, but Sprouts, Mother’s Market, Target all carry them. Again, you may want homemade, or pre-made pork, beef, turkey, or chicken will all work just fine.
Baked Meatballs in Balsamic Tomato Sauce Recipe
Baked Meatballs in Balsamic Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes with Onions
- ¼ cup Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil everything spread
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 bags 10.5 ounce meatballs
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Fresh oregano for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together tomatoes, tomato spread paste, and spaghetti sauce. Toss in the meatballs, and stir to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake in preheated oven 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh oregano if desired.
- Serve over pasta or in a sandwich or you could just eat them with a spoon.
Find the recipe for Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes with Onions here: https://lifecurrentsblog.com/balsamic-roasted-tomatoes-onions/