Brownie Cookies with Mocha Frosting
Soft delicious dark chocolate cookies topped with luscious creamy dreamy coffee chocolate frosting. Oh my gosh these cookies are the things that dreams are made of.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try them, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Back in November of last year I had the pleasure of participating in a virtual cookie exchange with some of my blogger friends.
And these moonpies a recipe that Debra got from her Grandma.
Well, these cookies are so delicious that my husband and I decided to play around with the recipe a bit.
Debra had a delicious mocha glaze over the tops of the cookies that we decided needed to be the star of the whole show, and we wanted it to be a simple frosting.
So I thickened the glaze by adding some more powdered sugar.
Oh my gosh are they good!
The cookies themselves were perfect as is. No recipe adjustments necessary there. Soft brownie cookies that are delicious by themselves.
But, top them with that mocha frosting and the become irresistible.
And, well, you may want to make a double batch of that frosting. I’m just sayin’! It’s so good!
I made a second batch recently of just the frosting, and I ate it on all kinds of things. Try it on crackers, on granola bars, with a spoon, and, of course, on these Brown Cookies!
These make the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert. Or, the perfect addition to a Christmas cookie exchange.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Brownie Cookies with Mocha Frosting Recipe
Brownie Cookies with Mocha Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder, set aside. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vanilla together in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Add the sour cream, ½ cup at a time, until well combined.
- Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add half of the dry ingredients. Continue adding the dry ingredients by spoonfuls until all of the dry ingredients are combined, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough by scoops onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake, 12-14 minutes, or until the cookies are baked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- For the icing, combine the coffee, melted butter, and cocoa powder and whisk together well. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Once cookies are completely cool, slather them with the frosting.
This will make 12 cookies