Soft delicious dark chocolate cookies topped with luscious creamy dreamy coffee chocolate frosting. Oh my gosh these Brownie Cookies with Mocha Frosting are the things that dreams are made of.
Thank you for being here
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Back in November of last year I had the pleasure of participating in a virtual cookie exchange with some of my blogger friends.
And these moonpies a recipe that Debra got from her Grandma.
Well, these cookies are so delicious that my husband and I decided to play around with the recipe a bit.
Debra had a delicious mocha glaze over the tops of the cookies that we decided needed to be the star of the whole show, and we wanted it to be a simple frosting.
So I thickened the glaze by adding some more powdered sugar.
Oh my gosh are they good!
The cookies themselves were perfect as is. No recipe adjustments necessary there. Soft brownie cookies that are delicious by themselves.
But, top them with that mocha frosting and the become irresistible.
And, well, you may want to make a double batch of that frosting. I’m just sayin’! It’s so good!
I made a second batch recently of just the frosting, and I ate it on all kinds of things. Try it on crackers, on granola bars, with a spoon, and, of course, on these Brownie Cookies!
These make the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert. Or, the perfect addition to a Christmas cookie exchange.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Brownie Cookies with Mocha Frosting Recipe
Brownie Cookies with Mocha Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder, set aside. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix the egg, sugar, and vanilla together in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Add the sour cream, ½ cup at a time, until well combined.
- Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add half of the dry ingredients. Continue adding the dry ingredients by spoonfuls until all of the dry ingredients are combined, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough by scoops onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake, 12-14 minutes, or until the cookies are baked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- For the icing, combine the coffee, melted butter, and cocoa powder and whisk together well. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Once cookies are completely cool, slather them with the frosting.