Cheesy Shrimp Dip makes a delicious party appetizer; whether it’s a home tailgating party or a fancy holiday party. This dip will make everyone feel at home! Serve hot and bubbly with crackers, pita chips, a sliced and toasted baguette, or tortilla chips.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in several different affiliate programs. Links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site – and I get lots of questions about recipes: what ingredients to use, where to find ingredients, hows and whys.
To better serve all readers on Life Currents, I’ve made a commitment to put lots of information in my posts, including helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas.
If you’d like to skip over that information, please simply use the jump to recipe button at the top, or scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the easy printable recipe card.
I’m very excited to be participating in this fall 2020 edition of Freaky Friday with a wonderful recipe for Shrimp Dip from Life, Love, and Good Food, and this recipe is perfect for Tailgating Snacks Month here on Life Currents.
What is Freaky Friday?
It’s an old-fashioned blog hop, where I make another blogger’s recipe. That blogger makes a recipe from someone, and if you clicked through all the way around all of the blogs involved, you’d get back to my blog! (Thus, a blog hop.)
So, if you’d be so kind as to hop around and take a look at everyone participating, I promise it’ll be fun, and you’ll get lots of great new recipe ideas!
Scroll down (just above the recipe card) to see all the blogs and the delicious recipes they made.
Previously for Freaky Friday some of the recipes I’ve made are Homemade Onion Soup Mix, Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip, Garlic Sesame Noodles, French Onion Tart, No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles, Peanut Butter Coffee Cake , and Pepper Jelly Cheese Balls.
Life, Love, and Good Food
This is my first time meeting Life, Love, and Good Food. I love learning about new blogs and all the yummy goodies they offer. Sheila is a Southern girl who’s all about good food that’s not too fancy. She strives to inspire average home cooks to spend more time in the kitchen — and around the family dinner table — by sharing quick and easy recipes with clear instructions and tips for success.
And let me tell you, I was impressed. Besides this Cheesy Shrimp Dip that I’m sharing with you today, she had so many recipes that not only sound delicious and would be perfect for tailgating snacks month, but easy to make too! Like her Cool Veggie Pizza Appetizer, and Sausage Mushroom Pizza Dillas. And these Grilled Fries look great too.
Can this be made ahead?
Yes, you can absolutely make this dip ahead of time. It’ll be a real time saver on game day!
Simply follow the stove top instructions in the recipe, then before baking, cover and refrigerate. When you’re ready to cook it, preheat the oven, uncover the dish, and pop it in the oven, baking as directed.
This recipe calls for low fat cream cheese. The lower fat version will make a less rich and fewer calorie version than a full fat cream cheese. Yes, you can absolutely swap in the full fat cream cheese for a richer creamier dip.
Also, you can add more shrimp if you like. This recipe calls for ½ pound of shrimp. If you want more shrimp per dip, feel free to use a full pound of shrimp in the dip.
Looking for other great dips?
Check out some of my favorites:
Mexican Street Corn Salad – a smoky, sweet, spicy, tangy, and easy to make side dish is also called esquites, with a creamy full flavored dressing that’s perfect for dipping chips into.
- Mexican Chili Cheese Dip – It’s got all kinds of great flavors going on that just go so well together, and those Mexican flavors are always popular. And, it’s easy to make!
- Candied Jalapeno Cheese Sauce – Candied Jalapeno Cheese Sauce is a great rich gooey cheese sauce with a nice sweet heat from the candied jalapenos. So delicious and easy – great for game day!
- Nacho Cheese – Smooth and creamy, with a little zesty kick, this Nacho Cheese is the bomb!
- Hot Crab Dip – Creamy and delicious, this Hot Crab Dip will be a hit at any party from a fancy holiday party to a just sitting at home and watching the game!
Take a look at all of our 2020 Freaky Friday Fall Edition Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
- An Affair from the Heart – Honey Corn Bread
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Devour Dinner – Instant Pot French Onion Meatballs
- House of Nash Eats – Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Lemoine Family Kitchen – Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- Life Currents – Cheesy Shrimp Dip
- Life, Love & Good Food – Lemon Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Or Whatever You Do – Traeger Grilled Parmesan Halibut
- Sugar Dish Me – Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- The Foodie Affair – Easy Greek Style Cauliflower Rice Salad
- The Speckled Palate – Upside Down Cranberry Cake
- West Via Midwest – Hawaiian Pulled Pork (Kalua Pork Recipe)
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Or, if you make this recipe, tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a photo (I would love to see) via the pin.
Take a look at all of our 2020 Freaky Friday Fall Edition Recipes:
Shrimp Dip Recipe
Cheesy Shrimp Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound medium fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 8 ounce low-fat cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- Coarsely chop shrimp. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and green onions and cook just until the shrimp are pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add sour cream, mayo, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese, and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, then spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with pita chips or crackers.