Hot Crab Dip is cheesy and rich, filled with crab, and really easy to make. This dip is welcome at fancy parties, game day, or just for hanging out with your family.
You’ll love this recipe
I posted about my Crab Stuffed Baked Potatoes that I made for Christmas Eve dinner, and in that post I said the filling made more that you’ll need for the potatoes, so to bake it up and serve it as a dip.
This filling is so good that it deserves a place of its own. So, I bring you, Hot Crab Dip!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
How should I serve this?
This stuff is so good. We stood around eating it instead of making lunch, and it was gone lickety-split! I would totally make this for watching the game!
I liked it with freshly made toasts. It’s also great with crackers, pita chips, or go a little healthier and serve it with veggies for dipping.
Easy to make
It’s easy to make too. Simple to just mix all the ingredients together and pop in the oven.
Fresh or imitation crab
You can make it with real crab as well, but sometimes it’s nice to just have the option of not getting fresh crab.
Variations on the recipe
A friend of mine made it recently and she added sauteed mushrooms to it. It was great!
Other Crab recipes you’ll love
I love crab and find that it works for fancy meals, to dinner with company, to just hanging out with the family.
Let’s stay in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Hot Crab Dip Recipe
Hot Crab Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat finely chopped
- 4 green onions green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus additional for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and position oven rack in the middle.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in crab meat, chopped green onion, and mozzarella cheese. Spoon dip into an oven proof dish, and sprinkle the top with a bit more shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese has browned.
- Serve with chips, crackers, veggies, or slices of bread.