Chicken Scallopini Sandwich – A delicious lightly seasoned meat-free chick’n scallopini patty on Parmesan toasted wheat bun with fresh arugula and lemon aioli. This is one meatless Monday option that will leave you happy and satisfied.
I was provided with product from Gardein for this post, however all my opinions about these delicious products are my own.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Delicious and easy to make plant-based Chicken Scallopini Sandwich that’ll help bring seasonal spring produce home! Fresh produce season has arrived!
Celebrate Earth Day with Spring Meatless Monday Plant-based Recipes
Meatless Monday has partnered with Gardein and Life Currents on an Earth Month campaign to promote plant-based eating.
Well, what is scallopini?
It’s an Italian dish that comes in many forms. It consists of thinly sliced meat or meat-less protein, that’s dredged in spices and lightly sauced.
Scalloppini al limone or piccata, is with a caper and lemon sauce. So, my sandwich could also be called a chicken piccata sandwich. Just toss a few capers on top.
Photo above: the Parmesan toasted buns.
I wanted you to be able to see how delicious these are!
Happy Earth Day!
You too can host a delicious Earth Day ‘clean-up’ event at home with sustainable, plant-based Meatless Monday recipes. Check out their website here.
I love Gardein foods. We always have them in our freezer for a quick and delicious meal.
The meatless meatballs are great as a casserole, or can be added to any pasta dish.
I shared a recipe for Grilled Teriyaki Chickn Skewers using their yummy teriyaki chickn strips before.
And the 7 Grain Tenders make a perfect taco filling.
What’s the variety like?
I love the variety that Gardein offers. Check out their website for more detailed info!
They sent me some amazing foods:
- 7 Grain Tenders
- Classic Meatless Meatballs
- Beefless Ground
- Chick’n Scallopini
- Crispy Chick’n Mandarin Orange
- Crabless Cakes
Seasonal produce guide
I love fresh produce! And I found this seasonal produce guide very interesting, and helpful. These are the kinds of things I would look for at the Farmer’s Markets right now.
Want to make it vegan?
Simply use vegan butter and vegan Parmesan for the buns. And use veganise for the aioli.
Kitchen tools you may need for this recipe
Non stick pan (This is the one I use and love!)
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Chicken Scallopini Sandwich Recipe
Chicken Scallopini Sandwich with lemon aioli
Parmesan toasted buns:
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Gardein chick’n scallopini
Make Parmesan toasted buns:
- Spread butter on the inside of each side of the bun. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the butter, adding more if desired. Place buns in a large skillet Parmesan side down, and cook over medium heat until Parmesan has browned and is crispy. Place toasted buns on plates.
Make lemon aioli:
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a small bowl until it’s smooth. Set aside.
Make chicken scallopini:
- Sauté Gardein chick’n scallopini from frozen in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 1 minute each side. Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover, turn, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Internal temperature should be 165 ° F. Let rest for 1 minute before serving. Do not overcook – it’s not meat.
- Place a handful of arugula on the bun, and top with chick’n scallopini. Drizzle lemon aioli over the top.