These Coconut Bars are really easy to make, and super tasty little bite sized treats. These are vegan, filled with healthy coconut, and Paleo-friendly.
I love them because of their flavor. They are definitely a coconut treat! They’re deceptive too; they taste like they’re filled with naughtiness, but in reality, they’re filled with nice!
Other Healthy Coconut Recipes you’ll LOVE
Click on the photo to get to the recipe
Chocolate Covered Coconut Stars
Chocolate Coconut Slice
Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer
Coconut Bars Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan combine coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Cook, stirring, over low heat, about 5 minutes, or until the shredded coconut has softened and absorbed some of the oil. Remove from heat, and add stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Firmly pack the mixture down, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut into bars.
- If the coconut bars stick in the pan, place the pan in a shallow dish of hot water for a minute, and it will loosen, and come out.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes FREE to your inbox!
Kylie, at the bottom of the recipe card you’ll find the nutrition analysis. You can also hit “more” on the right side for additional info.
I just got these out of the fridge, and OH MY GOD they are delicious! Thanks a lot for sharing the recipe!
These cute bars will look so pretty on a holday party tray. And pretty healthy too for a treat! Grandkids will be getting some of these and I believe they will love them!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I’m on my way to make them now. What a great, healthy snack!
Just made these bars, so excited for them to finish the chilling process. In mine, I found 1 cup oil is a bit too much, will adjust down to 2/3 cup for next batch. I plan to half-dip some in dark chocolate (made with coconut oil, cocoa powder & a smidge of sweetener).
Jeris, awesome! I love the chocolate dip part as well! It makes it like a Mounds Bar! Yum!
Wow! I was looking for a recipe to use my coconut leftovers! I have to try this one
These are one of my favorite desserts now (second only to chocolate). I hope I always have these in my fridge. I was able to cut mine into 35 squares, which comes out to 90 calories per square.
Jess, awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know! I really appreciate it! 🙂 Have a wonderful week!
1 cup isn’t WAY too much for the amount of shredded coconut in this recipe. I made them and got a mouth full of oil. You may want to revise this recipe to 1/4cup of oil…