This post contains affiliate links, which, if you purchase something help support this blog, but they don’t cost you any extra.
Is there anything more comforting during the cold dark winter months than a warm cup of hot chocolate? I also love a good cup of coffee, and if we can kick that up a notch or two with some Mexican flavors, and toss that all together to get a lovely warm cup of Mexican Mocha goodness, I’m all over that.
Some of my wonderfully talented friends and I have gotten together to bring you some fabulous chocolate recipes. There are some amazing ones here, so be sure to scroll down and take a look at all the rich yummies that are being shared.
When I started to think about making this chocolate recipe I couldn’t decide what to make. First I thought about a cookie, which seems classic enough. But, we’ve had quite a bit of desserts around here lately. Then I thought of making a savory recipe, think mole. But, I want to test out my mole idea a few times so that I know it’s really good. Then I thought about warm and cozy hot chocolate. And, well, you know I love Mexican flavors, so this amazingly tasty Mexican Mocha was born.
This Mexican Mocha is a thick rich warm cup of chocolate goodness. Not too sweet. And really yummy. I like that it’s pretty healthy too. No sweetener needed in this for me. The coconut milk is lovely. If you like your drinks on the sweeter side, I suggest adding a little honey or maple syrup to the scalding milk; that’ll brighten up the sweetness and add a nice flavor to the drink.
I bought the Mexican chocolate at a little gourmet shop near me. Keep an eye out at different places, and you might find some as well. If you’d like to purchase some online, they carry it on Amazon. Or, you can use any dark chocolate instead of Mexican chocolate.
I’ll be sitting around the Christmas tree sipping this Mexican Mocha and wrapping Christmas presents all holiday season long. This Mexican Mocha will be great all winter long too, long after the holidays have rung their final bell.
Mexican Mocha Recipe:
- 1 ounce Mexican chocolate or dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine chopped chocolate and coconut milk. Stir to combine as you bring the milk to a light simmer. Remove from heat once all the chocolate has melted, and stir in the coffee, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and cayenne. Pour into cups and enjoy.
Find the Mexican chocolate on Amazon http://amzn.to/2gq70X4
Check out all the other delicious CHOCOLATE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Chocolate Challenge
- Chocolate Bacon Saltine Toffee by Savory Experiments
- Kahlua Chocolate Truffles by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Turtle Shortbread Bars by Num’s the Word
- Snickers Chocolate Cheesecake by Blessed Beyond Crazy
- Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Walnut Shortbread by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Looking for other tasty beverages to keep you warm? Try these:
Click on the photo to get to the recipe