Strawberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Spread is a nice light fruity spread that’s perfect for summer entertaining.
Think – a nice glass of wine on the patio with some lovely light fruity goat cheese spread and crackers. Maybe a nice bouquet of flowers and a few friends. Ahhh, doesn’t that sound perfect!
This strawberry spread is a great make ahead appetizer too. The flavors all get to know each other the longer they sit, so if you can make it the day before, even better. Besides, anything that saves me time on the day I’m having people over, I’m all for it!
This Strawberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Spread would also be great on a sandwich. Maybe finger sandwiches for a baby or bridal shower. Add a little cucumber and sliced fresh strawberries, and you have a fun appetizer!
I love a mild tasting honey for this spread. Something like wildflower or orange blossom honey. No need for the expensive fancy honey like avocado honey for this one, as there are so many flavors in this taste treat.
Strawberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Spread Recipe
Strawberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Spread
- ½ cup roughly chopped strawberries
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 8 ounces goat cheese , at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, balsamic, and honey. Heat, stirring, on medium-low until strawberries begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix goat cheese, thyme leaves, and cooled strawberry mixture until well combined. Refrigerate at least an hour, or overnight.
- Garnish with additional thyme leaves and a little leftover strawberry syrup for the pan if desired. Serve with crackers.