Asian Chickpea Salad – a fresh & healthy take on the salad!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try them, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
The Asian Chickpea Salad: I like the fresh combination of flavors in this salad. The Asian dressing perks everything up. And, with all these veggies, this salad is a great healthy potluck option. It makes a tasty main dish for me as a vegetarian, and it makes a wonderful side dish for the meat eaters. If you have vegan or gluten-free guests, this fits the bill for them as well.
I like to make it a day ahead, keeping the dressing separate in a small jar. Just pour the dressing on, and toss to combine when you’re ready to serve. It’s awesome that you can just take it out of the fridge and serve it; no need to worry about having enough oven space to heat it up at a crowded family dinner.
I also really like this salad as a nice lunch option. Brown bag it with a whole wheat pita or some whole wheat crackers for serving.
Other Recipes you’ll love
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Asian Chickpea Salad Recipe
Asian Chickpea Salad
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic-chili paste
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and garlic-chili paste in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid or in a small bowl. Shake or stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. When ready to serve, drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.