Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
These Nacho Roasted chickpeas are a fun lunch or a snack. Make them into a taco filling too! So good, so healthy, and so fun!
I made this for weekday lunches. I sent Dan’s to work with him with a tortilla, some shredded lettuce, and a little salsa. For mine, I shredded a big bowl full of lettuce and topped the lettuce with some roasted corn and these Nacho Roasted Chickpeas. It was awesome! I even ate mine cold.
I used my homemade Taco Seasoning. I love the taste and fresh fragrance that it has!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try them, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
If you like seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Nacho Roasted Chickpeas Recipe:
Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans low-sodium chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ teaspoons taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions chopped
- Shredded lettuce guacamole, sour cream, or salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (chickpeas through tomatoes). Mix well. Lay the spiced chickpeas out in one layer on a baking tray with sides or a 13x9 pan, and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- When the chickpeas have finished roasting, transfer them to a large bowl; mix in the grated cheese, chopped green onions, and cilantro. Mix well, and enjoy! Place chickpeas on shredded lettuce and top with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa as desired.
For my homemade taco seasoning, check this out: https://lifecurrentsblog.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/
Adapted from Amuse Your Bouche