These Nacho Roasted Chickpeas are a fun lunch or a snack. Make them into a taco filling too! So good, so healthy, and so fun!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
I made this for weekday lunches. I sent my husband’s to work with him with a tortilla, some shredded lettuce, and a little salsa.
For mine, I shredded a big bowl full of lettuce and topped the lettuce with some roasted corn and these Chickpeas. It was awesome! I even ate mine cold.
I used my homemade Taco Seasoning. I love the taste and fresh fragrance that it has!
This recipe originally came from Amuse your Bouche
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Nacho Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans low-sodium chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ teaspoons taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions chopped
- Shredded lettuce guacamole, sour cream, or salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (chickpeas through tomatoes). Mix well. Lay the spiced chickpeas out in one layer on a baking tray with sides or a 13×9 pan, and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- When the chickpeas have finished roasting, transfer them to a large bowl; mix in the grated cheese, chopped green onions, and cilantro. Mix well, and enjoy! Place chickpeas on shredded lettuce and top with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa as desired.