This Wild Rice Salad is easy to make, and delicious. Filled with different textures and colors, if you’re looking for something a little different and a little fun to serve at your next party, this is it!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
I really liked this Wild Rice Salad at the baby shower. I think having different colors and textures is so appealing, and it seems to make people hungrier.
Also, I like serving different things than people usually get at luncheons. This one fit the bill for all of that: colorful, full of flavor, new. It was a big hit!
Great for lunch
I would totally make this for a regular work-week lunch as well.
Toss some of this in a to-go jar or dish (these are the kind I love) and eat it with a nice piece of fruit and a cheese stick. Perfect and easy lunch. It doesn’t even need to be heated up!
It’s really easy to make and was perfect for the shower. We chopped all the veggies and nuts, and made the dressing a couple days before. I made the rice the morning of the party and allowed it to cool to room temp. Then, just tossed it all together and back in the fridge until it was time to serve.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook wild rice in 2 cups water in rice cooker. Or combine 4 cups of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add wild rice, and reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well, transfer rice to a large bowl, and cool.
- Once rice has cooled, mix in dried cranberries, pecans, cashews, green onion, celery and red onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and sugar. Using a whisk, mix olive oil into dressing. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss.
- The salad can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and chilled in fridge.