This Wild Rice Salad is easy to make, and delicious. Filled with different textures and colors, if you’re looking for something a little different and a little fun to serve at your next party, this is it!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to some products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and great information. For more information see here.
If you’d rather skip my helpful tips, tricks, essential cooking information, and delicious similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card. It’s right there with a pretty bright yellow background.
If you have any questions about how to make this recipe, or if you try it, please come back and leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
I really liked this Wild Rice Salad at the baby shower. I think having different colors and textures is so appealing, and it seems to make people hungrier.
Also, I like serving different things than people usually get at luncheons. This one fit the bill for all of that: colorful, full of flavor, new. It was a big hit!
Great for lunch
I would totally make this for a regular work-week lunch as well.
Toss some of this in a to-go jar or dish (these are the kind I love) and eat it with a nice piece of fruit and a cheese stick. Perfect and easy lunch. It doesn’t even need to be heated up!
It’s really easy to make and was perfect for the shower. We chopped all the veggies and nuts, and made the dressing a couple days before. I made the rice the morning of the party and allowed it to cool to room temp. Then, just tossed it all together and back in the fridge until it was time to serve.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Cook wild rice in 2 cups water in rice cooker. Or combine 4 cups of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add wild rice, and reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well, transfer rice to a large bowl, and cool.
- Once rice has cooled, mix in dried cranberries, pecans, cashews, green onion, celery and red onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and sugar. Using a whisk, mix olive oil into dressing. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss.
- The salad can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and chilled in fridge.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
Adapted from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body