Creamy Pesto Shrimp Appetizer is so easy to make, so full of flavor, and all your guests will love it! Great for a fancy holiday party, or just a casual summer cookout.
Appetizer or dinner?
When I made my Pesto Shrimp Pasta recipe I realized how awesome the shrimp would be if served simply by themselves as an appetizer.
Just have a little extra creamy pest dipping sauce on the side and serve with some toothpicks or skewers, and you’re all set for a delicious and super easy appetizer that your guests will love!
Pesto for this appetizer
My Shrimp Appetizer is made with the super tasty Basil Dried Tomato Pesto that we found at Grocery Outlet. It’s so good that we bought extra containers and are going to be freezing a couple of the containers to save for later.
Since the choice varies by store, your local Grocery Outlet may not carry this particular kind of pesto.
That’s ok, this recipe will work with any kind of pesto, even homemade pesto if you prefer to make your own.
Take a look at our making of Video
Creamy Pesto Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
Creamy Pesto Shrimp Appetizer
- 6 ounce container prepared pesto, or ¾ cup
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 ounces cream cheese , cut into cubes
- 1 pound frozen peeled deveined, tail off cooked shrimp, defrosted according to package directions
- red bell pepper, finely chopped
- yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- Place pesto, broth, and cream cheese in a medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring until cream cheese melts and the sauce is nice and smooth. Stir in defrosted shrimp to coat shrimp with the sauce.
- Place coated shrimp on a serving plate, and garnish with chopped pepper pieces. Place additional sauce in a bowl for dipping. Serve with toothpicks or skewers.