Salted Caramel Sauce has been a house favorite for years now. It’s super easy to make, and so mouthwatering and delicious! Silky smooth, soft, buttery, caramel (um but you already knew that part), oh just make some and you’ll be super happy!
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask. The comments can be easily found using the orange circle on the lower left, then Join the discussion!
Salted Caramel on everything!
It’s perfect over ice cream or pie.
Drizzle it on fruit. It’s great on cake.
It’s wonderful mixed into brownies or truffles.
On a latte – fabulous (make your own caramel macchiato)!
And of course, it gets eaten simply by the spoonful around here.
There really isn’t much I feel I need to say about this sauce other than it’s really amazing.
It’s easy to make. You simply put some ingredients in a pan and wait for the right color. Then you add a few more ingredients to it. And, voila! That’s it.
Once you try this sauce I doubt you’ll ever go back to jarred store-bought again. It’s that good.
So go ahead, live a little!
Make this Salted Caramel Sauce today and pour it over everything!
It’s also really good just eaten with a spoon. Um, you know, I’m just saying!
Easy to make
Yes, salted caramel sauce is easy to make. Take a look at our video on this page to see how we make it.
After you make it, and eat it of course, it can be stored in a jar with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator for future use.
It also makes a great handmade gift for Christmas or any holiday. Pour it in a jar, it with a pretty ribbon, and your recipient will be so grateful. Maybe with a gift card to a local ice cream shop.
What does Salted Caramel Sauce go with?
- Drizzle it over cake
- Spoon it over ice cream
- Mix it into a pie
- Stir it into truffles
- Eat it with a spoon
Ice Cream recipes to make to serve with your caramel
- Almond Nougat Ice Cream
- Lemon Ice Cream
- Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream (Blue)
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Oatmeal Crunch Ice Cream
FAQ about this Sauce
- Does salted caramel sauce need to be refrigerated? Yes
- Can you buy salted caramel sauce? Yes, but when it’s so easy to make your own, you won’t want to buy it. Besides, homemade tastes way better!
- Can I reheat it? Yes. I like to do mine on the stove to or the microwave.
- If you reheat it in the microwave, always do so in small increments, like 30 seconds, and stir after each time, until it reaches desired consistency
- If you reheat on the stove, stir constantly as it reheats
- It doesn’t need the corn syrup (ok, not really a question, but a snotty comment): The corn syrup keeps the sauce soft and lovely. Also, corn syrup isn’t the high fructose corn syrup that everyone dislikes. Do you need it? Let’s be honest, this is a sometimes treat. And, it makes it taste better, so yes, you do!
It’s important to lightly but thoroughly beat the mixture after each ingredient is added – this ensures that the mixture being heated is a homogeneous one, so that individual ingredients do not harden and separate out during the heating process.
Using the sauce
Though I often make it just for drizzling on ice cream!
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, & much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tried it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fleur de Sel or good quality sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Using a wet pastry brush, wash down any crystals on the side of the pan. Boil over high heat until a deep amber caramel forms, swirling often, about 6-12 minutes (be careful, as it will darken rapidly once it reaches that stage). Remove the saucepan from the heat and carefully whisk in the cream, butter and salt. Let the caramel cool to room temperature. The salted caramel sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Rewarm before serving.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.