Shrimp in Cajun Spice Oil
Full flavored, zesty, Shrimp in Cajun Spice Oil that are easy to make. Just toss the cooked shrimp in the Cajun oil and you have a great start to dinner.
This Shrimp in Cajun Spice Oil is one of my husband’s recipes. He came up with it a while back, and we use it all the time. The shrimp are so good in so many dishes. Noodle bowls, ramen, salads, wraps, just as is for snacking, pretty much anywhere.
I like that the spice mix is just enough for a meal. We don’t have to store it until the next use. Now, of course, feel free to make a larger batch of the spice mix, if you want to keep it for another time, if you want spicier shrimp, or if you want to serve more than two people. We made a 4x batch of the spice mix for the photos, so you could see what it looks like.
Simple and good!
Cajun Shrimp Oil Recipe:
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon light tasting oil
- 10 16-20 per pound size cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, thawed
- Mix all dried spices and herbs together. Add oil and mix well. Microwave spice mix until warm and aromatic, microwave times will vary.
Toss cooked shrimp in the Cajun Spice Oil. Serve on a salad, in a wrap, as shrimp cocktail, anyway you please!
Check out some of my other Cajun-style dishes (click on the photo to get to the recipe)!