This Soba Noodle Salad with Grilled Veggies and Tofu makes a great lunch. Easy, quick, healthy. And, you can eat it chilled or at room temp if it’s too hot out, or if you unexpectedly get called away from your lunch.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Great lunch recipe
Note: this section contains affiliate links
I love these buckwheat noodles, both for their flavor and their color, but if you can’t find them in the Asian area of your local market, feel free to substitute any regular noodle like spaghetti or linguine.
The lunch container you see in the pictures is a great one with its pretty red color, but my favorite ones are these lunch containers. They have great tight fitting lids that don’t let sauces leak out, and they’re glass so there’s no worries about BPA or melting or warping.
Let’s keep in touch
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Soba Salad with Grilled Veggies and Tofu Recipe
Soba Salad with Grilled Veggies and Tofu
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini sliced lengthwise, ½ inch thick
- 2 baby bok choy
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz extra firm tofu cut into ½ inch cubes
- 6 oz buckwheat soba noodles
- ½ cup fresh basil torn if large leaves
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the zucchini and bok choy with olive oil and lightly season with salt. Grill over moderate heat, turning once until tender and lightly charred, about 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Place the chopped veggies in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over medium heat, tossing, until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool. In the same skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat, tossing, until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a different small plate or bowl and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, and olive oil until combined. Toss in tofu cubes until coated with the sauce. In the same skillet you used to toast the nuts and seeds, stir fry the tofu with sauce over medium-high heat until golden and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes. Once cooked, add the tofu cubes and any remaining sauce to the same bowl with the veggies.
- In a large saucepan, cook the soba noodles until al dente, according to package directions. Drain noodles, and toss together with the veggie-tofu mixture.
- Add fresh basil and toasted pine nuts to soba noodles & toss to combine. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve either warm or cold.