Vanilla Breakfast Pudding is a nice warm comforting gluten-free breakfast made with some common pantry items. This is a great start to the day.
I love a warm comforting breakfast, especially at this cold time of year. So when I saw this recipe for Vanilla Breakfast Pudding I had to try it. And, everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure you treat yourself right!
This was delicious while being healthy and hearty. I also like that this breakfast pudding is gluten-free. What a great way to start the day!
You could use just about any fruit that you like. Strawberries in summer time would be lovely. Blueberries would rock. Peaches, pears… well, you get the idea. Use whatever fruit you love. And, you could use fresh, frozen (defrosted), or even dried fruits.
You can also use cream of rice or cream of wheat in this. They are basically the same idea.
I think I’ll add 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed with the vanilla next time; that’ll add some extra nutrition as well as a nutty flavor.
If you’re looking for other ideas for healthy breakfasts, take a look at these:
Breakfast Quinoa with Blackberries, Peaches & Cream Oatmeal, and Peanut Butter Parfaits.
Vanilla Breakfast Pudding Recipe
Vanilla Breakfast Pudding
- ¼ cup Cream Of Rice cereal uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 1 banana sliced
- In a small saucepan, heat water to boiling, and, stirring constantly, slowly add Cream of Rice. Return to boiling, and reduce heat to simmer. Continue to cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg in a small bowl. Once Cream of Rice is cooked, whisk 2 tablespoons cooked cereal into the egg, then slowly whisk egg mixture into saucepan of cooked cereal.
- Add cinnamon and honey, and simmer an additional 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Carefully pour breakfast pudding into a serving bowl. Top with walnuts, sliced banana, and additional cinnamon if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Oooh this looks like the perfect breakfast!!!!
They sound delicious. Now I need someone who will cook them for me.
Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your inspirational craft project with our Crafty Showcase last week! You rock!
We can’t wait for you to stop in and share more of your ideas with us. The Crafty Showcase is open from Friday midnight until Thursday noon!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Jeni Verdery (@Igotthismartha)