Veggies Baked in Apricot and Thyme Sauce – Potatoes, carrots, red onions, garlic baked in Apricot Sauce with balsamic vinegar, dried apricots, thyme, and honey.
We appreciate your support
This post may contain affiliate links. Life Currents participates in different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information see here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this recipe. I read all the comments myself and I try to help as soon as I can. I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site, and I’ve tried to answer some of your questions already in the post. But if I’ve missed anything, please feel free to leave a comment and ask.
Nice side dish
These Veggies in Apricot and Thyme Sauce would make a great side dish for Thanksgiving dinner: earthy and rich while being filled with veggie goodness.
The pretty colors of the baked veggies are just remarkable.
The sauce itself is full of flavor and complexity: sweet apricots, earthy thyme, full flavored balsamic vinegar, luscious sticky honey, and garlic.
And, it smells awesome while it bakes.
I served this for dinner the other day with a nice peppercorn rubbed barramundi. Simple. Nice. Basic. Tasty!
It would also be wonderful with a salt and pepper seared tofu steak.
I love making a fun and delicious side dish that knocks it out of the park. This one is just that.
Potatoes and carrots baked up in a complex rich sauce. It’s perfect to serve with a nice Sunday family dinner. And the whole family will love it.
If you like seeing my recipes subscribe via email in the upper right, or with push notifications using the red bell.
Or, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for recipes, photos, and much, much more:
Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter!
And find my shop on Amazon for recommendations on cool tools
If you try this recipe,
please come back & leave a comment below letting us know how it goes.
Share a picture & tag @lifecurrents on Instagram.
Or you can upload a “tired it” photo (I would love to see)
via the pin.
Veggies Baked in Apricot and Thyme Sauce Recipe
Veggies Baked in Apricot and Thyme Sauce
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes scrubbed clean
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 5 carrots peeled and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dried apricots coarsely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place veggies in a large roasting pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour sauce mixture over veggies, and turn to coat. Bake 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, stirring twice during baking.
- Transfer to a serving platter, pouring any juices that have accumulated over the top of the veggies. Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with additional fresh thyme if desired.