Easy Baked Pizza Wraps are little Nuggets of pizza goodness – all the goodies you want in a pizza wrapped inside a won ton wrapper, and baked to crispy perfection.
I admit, when we made the Super Bowl menu we may have decided to make too much food. Maybe just a little overboard. Maybe. We ate leftovers for about a week afterwards! Which was great, actually.
I didn’t have to cook all week! I loved it. Chili with rice for lunch. Little Mexican potatoes with salad for dinner. Baked potatoes stuffed with chili and cheese. It was all great!
But, I never actually got around to making one of the appetizer recipes that I bought all the food to make! Those Easy Baked Pizza Wraps from the Cooking Actress.
So, this week I decided to make a few up. I mean, I had the egg roll wrappers in there. And, we always have pepperoni in the freezer (I freeze it to make sure it doesn’t go bad, and then if Dan wants pizza on the spur of the moment, I can whip some up).
And, our house pizza sauce takes only about 5 minutes to make, so that’s easy enough.
After work snack
So, I decided that I’d make a little snack that would be ready for Dan when he came home from work. And, man were these ever tasty and easy!
I added chopped jarred red pepper to give them a little more veggie goodness. I also think chopped red onion would be good inside.
I made some with pepperoni for Dan and left a few vegetarian for me. After eating both versions, he said he thought the ones with pepperoni were better. But, really, that doesn’t surprise me. His favorite pizza is simple pepperoni. I thought the vegetarian ones were awesome!
Try making your own pizza sauce
Hop over to the Baked Pizza Wraps recipe
The Cooking Actress has great instructions and photos, along with the recipe on her blog. Hop over here to check out her recipe, and leave her a little comment letting her know where you found her recipe.
These make a great after-school or after-work snack. They’d also be great on any tailgating or football party spread, or any appetizer snack menu. They’d be great at a potluck too! Definitely give ’em a try soon! They’re easy and delicious!
Easy Baked Pizza Wraps
- 2 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 8 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 16 small pepperoni slices
- jarred red pepper chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Cover a baking sheet with a Silpat, or with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut each mozzarella into 1 inch pieces, until you have 16 total cheese pieces.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a cutting board, fold the wrapper in half, so you have a rectangle, and using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the rectangle in half so you have two folded squares.
- Unfold each square and place the wrappers on the prepared baking sheet, about 1-2 inches apart. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon pizza sauce in the center of each unfolded wrapper. Add a piece of pepperoni, sprinkle with chopped red pepper, and place piece of the mozzarella on top of the pizza sauce.
- Wet your fingers and moisten around the inside edges of all 4 sides of the wrapper. Re-fold the top half of the wrapper over the assembled pizza and press the moistened sides together to seal. Repeat this process until you have 16 pizza wrappers.
- Spray each pizza roll with non-stick cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
This recipe is easily modified to leave the pepperoni out, add more red pepper, try adding chopped red onion, garlic, mushrooms, or your favorite pizza toppings.