These Easy Refrigerator Candied Jalapenos are so good. Lightly sweet, spicy heat. A little tang from the pickling vinegar. Perfect condiment for everything.
And, so easy to make.
Just buy a jar of already sliced pickled jalapenos. Pour out about half of the juice, add sugar, and refrigerate. I’ve found that the easiest way to add the sugar in is with one of those wide mouth canning funnels.
After about a week or two they’re ready. The only question is are you ready for them!
What do they taste like?
Have you ever tried those jalapeno jams? Well, these are kind of like those, only way easier! And probably a bit hotter.
Do you like your food hot? Then these are the sweet treat for you! These will kick up your dinner a few notches. There was a time where I liked all my food to be super spicy. So spicy in fact, that my husband complained a bit about the fact that everything had heat. I have dialed back my spicy consumption these days.
But, one of the nice things about these candied jalapenos is that I can add them to my food, and my husband can leave them off of his. So everyone gets the spice level they want.
And, you’ll love the complex flavors that they add, not simply heat, but sweet and tangy.
Make them as a gift for a spicy friend
These Easy Refrigerator Candied Jalapenos also make a great gift. Maybe a nice hostess gift with some fancy crackers and a garlic and herb cream cheese.
Keep some candied jalapenos in the fridge in case you need a quick fix for an appetizer for unexpected company during the holidays.
How should I enjoy my candied jalapenos?
- Add a little to your pasta salad. Try adding some to either my Skinny Avocado Ranch Pasta Salad or my Loaded Southwestern BBQ Pasta Salad
- I’ll be sharing a great candied ranch jalapeno dip soon!
- Put them in cheese sauce to drizzle, dunk, and make mac & cheese with!
- Spread cream cheese on a cracker and top with a candied pepper
- Top a baked potato
- Put them in cheese crisps
- Perfect condiment treat on a burger
- Try some on a sandwich
- Chop some up and toss into some popcorn for a spicy sweet treat
- Or kick up your kettle corn with some sweet heat
- Toss some onto your salad, one of those Southwestern BBQ chicken salads with ranch would be perfect!
- Like a little heat on your pizza, go for some candied jalapenos
- Add some to salsa (homemade or store-bought) for a sweet twist
- Try them with a smoked meat, or maybe a turkey for Thanksgiving
- Dice them up and add to pimento cheese
Other spicy and/or hot condiments you’ll love
Click on the photo to get to the recipe
Easy Refrigerator Candied Jalapenos Recipe
Easy Refrigerator Candied Jalapenos
- 16 ounce jar sliced jalapenos
- ½ cup sugar
- Pour off half the liquid from the jar of jalapenos. Pour the sugar into the jar, place the lid back on the jar and give it a good shake to dissolve the sugar. Store the jar in the fridge.
- Take the jar of jalapenos out daily and turn it upside down a few times for 4 to 5 days. The Easy Refrigerator Candied Jalapenos are ready to eat.
Makes about 2 cups worth of candied jalapenos. Servings will vary depending on how much you use. I figured about 1 tablespoon for a serving.