Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Happy Tailgating Snacks Month! I hope you’re having as tasty a month as I am!
This Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce is the bomb! So freaking good. I could eat the whole thing by myself. But, I think it needs to be shared with someone so you aren’t the only one with garlic breath!
When you pour the hot butter over the raw garlic it mellows the garlicky bite into this nice flavorful yummy buttery good sauce. Dip some crusty French or Italian bread into it, oh just garlic heaven! Yum!
I used my favorite little French style garlic grater to grate and serve the sauce. You can also use a garlic press and serve the whole she-bang in a shallow dish.
I like to use unsalted butter for a couple of reasons. 1) It’s what I always have in the fridge for baking. And, 2) I can control how much salt is in the dish. If you buy salted butter, the amount of salt they add varies by brand and season, so you can never quite tell how salty the dish will be. Of course, if you want to use salted butter, you can; just omit the salt in the dish.
Feel free to up the number of garlic cloves if you’re a real fanatic! And, of course it’s easy to double or triple this recipe based on how much you want to eat by yourself or how many people you’re serving. Also, this little garlic grater dish only holds so much, and this is the perfect amount for this dish.
My Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce is a perfect tailgating snack. So yummy. Just think of this Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce as a starter course for a nice Italian meal – wowzers! Dip pizza into this easy sauce – just like you get from the pizza shop. So good!
Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce Recipe
If you like what you see, click the yum button: Yum
Or, add to a Flipboard magazine Add to Flipboard Magazine.
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chopped chives parsley, or scallions for garnish, if desired
- Moisten the garlic grater with a little cold water. Hold the grater with one hand, and with the other hand, hold the garlic clove between your fingers while holding the root end. Move the garlic around on the grater making sure not to make contact with your fingers. Discard the root end of the garlic.
- Add the hot melted butter to the garlic in the dish, and sprinkle salt over the top. Garnish as desired.
- Dip crusty bread into the dipping sauce. Enjoy.