It’s broccoli week on Life Currents! And, first up, I have one of our favorite easy to make, grillin’ recipes. Grilled Garlicky Broccoli (we make this one ALL the time around here!)
We love to grill the whole meal outside. And, since we live in Southern California this is something we can do year round. All you need for a fabulous dinner is a nice steak, fish, or tofu steak, this Grilled Garlicky Broccoli, and some baked potatoes and you’ve got a family friendly super easy dinner! One day soon I’ll be to sharing how we grill fish.
This recipe is easily doubled for a larger crowd.
Once grilled, serve your Grilled Garlicky Broccoli as a delicious and easy side dish to any meal, or cut it into florets for tossing in a salad. Heck, I’d totally toss the florets into some mac & cheese for a healthy spin on the classic.
Microwave times vary! I have a super powerful microwave (like it takes no time at all to burn something in my microwave!), and it only takes me about 2 & 1/2 minutes to steam the microwave. I suggest starting with that and working up. You want the broccoli steamed, still bring green, and just soft enough to piece with a fork.
And, just like my other appliances, my grill is fussy too. It’s fairly old, and doesn’t get as hot as some of the newer grills, so adjust grilling times according to how your grill cooks. Get a nice char on the broccoli.
See below the recipe card for detailed photos.
Check out my Pinterest Board for all kinds of great side dishes!
Grilled Garlicky Broccoli Recipe
Grilled Garlicky Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli leaves removed and heads halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place broccoli halves in a large microwave safe bowl or casserole dish. Add the water and oil, and toss to coat. Cover the dish with an upside down plate, and microwave 2-5 minutes until tender crisp when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from microwave, uncover, and sprinkle with garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high. Place cut and steamed broccoli directly on the grill grates, cut side down, and grill until marks start to appear, about 5 minutes. Turn, and continue to grill on the other side for about 5 minutes more. Turn, and grill buds for a couple minutes to get some extra charring on them.
- Serve, sprinkled with fresh ground pepper if desired. Or, cut into smaller florets to toss in salads.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations, and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary based on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes, and more.
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes FREE to your inbox!
broccoli is one of the only veggies I can get into my kids. I roast it a lot but never thought to pop it on the grill. Sounds delicious and I will try once this darn rain stops!
We grill all kinds of veggies, but I never thought of trying broccoli! A must-try for sure!
I love broccoli! I usually roast them in the oven. This looks great.. Yum!
What a great way to serve broccoli! Looks so appealing!
Now I am wondering why in the world I have never grilled broccoli before?!?!?! This looks WONDERFUL!