Pumpkin Coconut Soup
This post is sponsored by Rhodes Bread, but all my opinions are my own.
I love pumpkin. I admit, I’m one of those Pumpkin Spice Latte people who look forward to it all year. I love all things fall. Pumpkins, squash, soups, cooler weather, everything about it.
And, a good fall soup with fresh-baked bread, awesome! But honestly, I don’t have time to bake fresh bread all the time. So, I’ve paired my Pumpkin Coconut Soup with some convenient Rhodes dinner rolls. Check out Rhodes’ website here.
Have you ever tried Rhodes goodies? They are so good. Their cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting are my husband’s favorites. I just pop them in the oven and get fresh hot delicious cinnamon rolls that are fancy enough for a special brunch, or simple enough for any morning.
So I’ve paired my delicious vegan fall flavored soup with their dinner rolls for a nice hearty warming dinner that doesn’t take too long to make.
A roll with a dinner dish… a roll with your meal, or even with a cup of soup… a breadstick with a salad… a loaf of bread for a sandwich or grilled cheese or French toast. They also have a new product called Warm N Serv items; they’re even more convenient, and I’m looking forward to trying them as well!
You’ll love this healthy delicious creamy soup. It has no cream, and it’s vegan gluten-free, Paleo-friendly. It’s filled with healthy veggies, and it’s such a beautiful color. And, it comes together pretty quickly.
I love the fresh taste of the basil on the soup. You could also garnish it with fresh thyme. Go on, dig in!
Pumpkin Coconut Soup Recipe
If you like what you see, click the yum button: Yum
Or, add to a Flipboard magazine Add to Flipboard Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 can 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup well-shaken full fat coconut milk plus additional for garnish if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot. Once oil is hot, add chopped onion, and cook until starting to brown, about 20 minutes over medium heat. Stir in carrots, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and simmer soup 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and stir in coconut milk. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with fresh basil and a dollop of additional coconut milk.
#completethemeal #rhodesbread #rhodesrolls