Mexican Corn Salad
For Easter we had a (not so traditional) taco bar with fajita veggies and this easy to make Mexican Corn Salad!It’s always a hit – young and old. Vegan, meat eater, gluten-free, everyone loves it!
Taco Bar Menu
When we host Easter we always do a taco bar. Here’s my detailed menu for when we have about 40 people coming. And, if you’re hosting a taco bar party of any kind, here’s my tips and tricks with links to tons of great recipes!
Dan grilled up a big ol’ mess of fajita veggies and carne asada. We had rice and beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, tortillas. Tons of yummy stuff! And, I thought it was really wonderful that all of the family got into the Mexican theme as well. Teri even made guacamole deviled eggs! They were so yummy!
One of the things I made for the Easter Taco Bar was this Mexican Corn Salad.
Mexican Corn Salad
I really like the bright light salad at the Easter table. It was great on my tacos. I loved dipping chips into it and eating it like a dip. It could be a salsa or a salad.
Super flexible. Serve it how you’d like. If you had fresh summer corn on the cob, you could grill that and cut the kernels off the cob for a fun smokey taste to your salad. No black beans at home? Switch ’em out for kidney beans or white beans. Don’t like zucchini, use cucumbers. Well, I think you get the idea.
And, it fits with lots of different eating requirements. It’s vegan, vegetarian, colorful, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, filled with veggies, good for you, and super yummy!
I didn’t really count how many servings it made because it was on the table for anyone to eat, so I’ve guesstimated it in the recipe.
Later I’ll be bringing you a tostada made with this Mexican Corn Salad.
I hope your Easter was great! Have you ever tried a non-traditional holiday gathering like this? How did it go? I’d love to hear your stories! 🙂
Mexican Corn Salad Recipe
- 3 cups frozen corn defrosted
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 1 can 15 ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- large handful fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or light tasting oil of your choice
- juice of 2 limes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place veggies in a large serving bowl, and lightly toss to combine. Toss in chopped cilantro.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together or shake in a tightly sealed jar. Adjust the seasonings to taste, and add the dressing to the veggie mixture. Lightly toss to coat. Enjoy!