This Mocha Frozen Yogurt would be a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Pretty much any time of the day!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Soyfoods Association of North America in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
In celebration of April’s National Soyfoods Month I’m bringing you an awesome Vegan Mocha Frozen Yogurt! It’s dairy free, vegan, healthy, and super yummy! Sometimes a recipe comes out so yummy that I simply can’t wait to devour all of it! This one is like that. I had a hard time waiting to take the photos because I wanted to eat all of this Mocha Frozen Yogurt! Make this for yourself, soon!! You’ll be happy you did!
It’s super creamy, with a nice tang from the yogurt. The chocolate and espresso add a nice richness.
I use soy in a lot of my day-to-day cooking. From meatless crumbles that I substitute for ground beef in recipes, to soy milk, to these soy yogurts. It’s really easy to change out dairy and meat for these great tasting soy alternatives. I’ll often switch tofu instead of chicken in a recipe (tofu is great with a sauce because it takes on those flavors really well!). Silken tofu or soy yogurt can replace sour cream, mayo, or cream cheese in smoothies, dips, puddings, or pie fillings.
I learned a lot in reading about soy for this post. Did you know that soy is packed with high quality protein and produced in an earth-friendly way? “Soy is a lean protein and contains less saturated fat than most other protein sources and naturally has no cholesterol. It’s the only protein recognized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its role in reducing cardiovascular disease.” So it’s heart healthy. And, using soy in your recipes can reduce calories, cholesterol, and fat while adding iron, fiber, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
Soy is Environmentally Friendly; “In terms of sustainability, soy uses fewer natural resources such as water and land than any other protein. Soybeans offer 941 pounds of protein per acre of land. On average, land requirements for meat-protein production are 10 times greater than for plant-protein production.” And, in case you didn’t know, this environmental issue is one of the main reasons I became a vegetarian so many years ago.
Some other great soy foods that you’ll love are:
- Yves Veggie Cuisine meatless crumbles
- House Foods Tofu
- SOYJOY whole soy and fruit bars
- Sunrich edamame (not pictured)
Mocha Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Mocha Frozen Yogurt
- Place sugar, Silk Soy Creamer, chocolate, and espresso powder in a heavy medium saucepan, over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Stir in the Vanilla Silk Soy Yogurt and the vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate until cold, or overnight.
- Stir the chilled mixture, and freeze in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s directions. When finished, the frozen yogurt will be soft but ready to eat. For firmer frozen yogurt, transfer to a freezer safe container, and freeze at least 2 hours.